"Game of Thrones": 10 Questions for Season 7
One of the most interesting things about the news about Marvel TV’s first two series was the revelation of a list that was given by Marvel to ABC executives of possible series adapting Marvel concepts. Hulk and Cloak & Dagger got selected, but what about the other ones? To use a familiar Marvel refrain, U DECIDE!
The Hollywood Reporter had the following series on the Marvel-produced list alongside the Hulk:
• Heroes for Hire (Centering around Luke Cage, sans Iron Fist)
• The Eternals (Focusing on the Kirby backstory of superpowered beings living amongst us in secret inspiring historical myths, rather than any more recent revival)
• Agents of Atlas (The Jeff Parker revival version)
• Alter Ego (A retitled version of Brian Michael Bendis’ Alias)
• Moon Knight (No idea which version of Marvel’s Batman rip-off)
• The Hood (Focused more on the Brian K. Vaughan original series than the character’s latter development in the Avengers books)
• Ka-Zar (Taking the character out of the Savage Land, for budgetary reasons as well as that ever-popular fish-out-of-water dynamic)
• Daughters of the Dragon (The classic Misty Knight/Colleen Wing combo)
• The Punisher (Come on, it’s the Punisher)
Interesting to see that they’re definitely focusing on more “street-level” characters, which seems sensible in order to save on cost and embarrassing effects. Personally, I would’ve loved to have seen Heroes for Hire, Agents of Atlas or Alter Ego out of that line-up – or, ideally, a Daughters of the Dragon series with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones as back-up, but that might just be me – but which of the above shows do you think would hold the best potential for a long-running series? And who would you like to see star in them?