John Cho and Anton Yelchin Still Haven’t Seen Star Trek 2 Script

While entertainment sites forage for clues as to whether classic Star Trek villain Khan will be the antagonist in J.J. Abrams’ sequel, the movie’s cast is still waiting to get a look at the script.

“I’m sure before we finish shooting, I’ll see one,” John Cho told E! Online at the Children’s Defense Fund-California’s Beat the Odds Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel. “Maybe we’ll get a clue tonight. I’d be curious to know whether I’m in it. That’d be the greatest gift bag of all time.”

Okay, so much for Sulu. But with about a month to go before the film begins production, certainly some of the other Enterprise crew members have seen a draft. Ensign Chekov? What should we expect from the sequel?

“That’s a good question,” Anton Yelchin told the website. “Your guess is good as mine.”

With that, E! turned to Abrams — he co-chaired the event with wife Katie McGrath — to discern the location of the script, written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Dameon Lindelof.

“It’s out there somewhere,” he revealed. “I’m sure there’s one in a safe somewhere.”

Cho and Yelchin will be joined by returning stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana and Simon Pegg, as well as new additions Alice Eve and Peter Weller. Benicio del Toro had been in talks to play the movie’s main villain, but withdrew over monetary issues. Star Trek 2 opens May 17, 2013.

News From Our Partners

Comments

  • RunnerX13

    Is the script complete?

  • Metzner

    I hope the script is better this time. It would be good if they have more planets, larger space battles with more starships, Kirk having better fighting skills and several human love interests played by Hollywood’s most beautiful young actresses.

  • Lord Prong

    Benicio del Toro withdrew over monetary issues?  I wonder if he was offered more or less than Eric Bana for the previous film?  It must be less as Bana is certainly more of a drawcard than Benicio who hasn’t made an interesting film for a while…