My Precioussss! First Look at LEGO’s Lord of the Rings Line
Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fans have been chomping at the bit ever since LEGO announced the license to make sets and minifigures based on Peter Jackson’s interpretation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic characters and settings. We’ve seen the posters featuring characters like Gollum, Legolas, Frodo and Aragorn in the LEGO style, but those were computer generated. What about the real thing?
Wonder no longer, because this morning LEGO and Warner Bros. Consumer Products unveiled the first look at the minifigures. As you can see in the images, they’re separated into heroes and villains, with the former including Legolas, Boromir, Aragorn, Gandalf the Grey, Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Samwise and Gimli, while the latter consists of Uruk-hai, Gollum, Ringwraith, Moria Orc and Mordor Orc.
It’s not clear whether these figures will be sold on their own, or if this is just a way to show off what will be out when the figures and sets begin arriving in stores. Major Spoilers had a bit more news with descriptions of some of the sets that will be available and which minifigures they will come with:
- “Gandalf Arrives” – Minifigures: Gandalf, Frodo
- “Shelob Attacks” – Minifigures: Samwise, Frodo, Gollum
- “Uruk-hai Army” – Minifigures: x4 Uruk-hai with a siege crossbow, x1 Rohirrim Soldier, x1 Rider Of Rohan with his horse
- “Attack On Weathertop”- Minifigures: Samwise, Frodo, Aragon, x2 Nazgul
- “Mines Of Moria” – Minifigures: Frogo, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, x2 Goblins, x2 Skeletons, Cave Troll
- “The Battle Of Helms Deep” – Minifigures: Aragon, Gimli, Legolas, Theoden, x5 Uruk-hai
The Lord of the Rings-related sets will premiere in June.