GIANT-SIZE X-POSITION: Duggan Goes Rogue in "Uncanny Avengers" & "Deadpool"
Yet another rumor has come out revolving Warner Bros.’ Justice League, and this one seems slightly more credible than the previous ones. While earlier reports claimed the film will be based on a 1980 DC story arc and feature Darkseid as the villain, this one says most of what we already know: The film will feature characters like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
Cosmic Book News claims to have a list of the DC characters who will star in the film that was allegedly over by a source at the company. Here’s the full report:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
None of these come as too big a shock, but it remains to be seen if there’s any credibility to the report. Thus far all we officially know about Justice League is that it’s coming out in 2015 and being written by Will Beall.