‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Has Already Started Filming
It turns out Star Wars: Episode VII doesn’t begin production next month, as was previously reported — because director J.J. Abrams’ film is already shooting.
The revelation came from Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn in a conversation with The Hollywood Reporter. What’s more, most of the cast has been selected, even if the actors haven’t been publicly revealed.
“We have a lot of them [in place],” Horn said. “We’re just not completely done yet.”
It sounds as if Disney is waiting for the full cast to be finalized before making any official announcements. In other words, expect all of the Star Wars players to be revealed in one fell swoop.
According to Horn, the new Star Wars movie will pick up where Return of the Jedi left off, albeit 35 years later. The Disney chief said that following revisions by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, the Episode VII script is now in the right place.
“It’s all about the screenplay,” he said. “It has to be screenplay, screenplay, screenplay.”
Star Wars: Episode VII is set for release on Dec. 18, 2015.