"The Flash" Adds "Harry Potter" Star Tom Felton as Series Regular
Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot has been under intense fan scrutiny since at least 2012, when it was confirmed Chronicle director Josh Trank would take the reins. Does the filmmaker, with just one feature to his credit, really have what it takes to reimagine the franchise? Is the main cast — Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Miles Teller, Jamie Bell and Toby Kebbell — too young? Why has so little been released about the film?
Studio creative consultant Mark Millar assures Sky Movies — and fans –that he has plenty of faith in the upcoming film (even if doesn’t address many of the questions surrounding it).
“You can’t trust the brand because the brand can be done well or done badly,” he says. “But if you get a good director, that’s the cornerstone that you build everything on.”
Millar compares Trank’s involvement with Fantastic Four to Bryan Singer’s with the X-Men movies, and James Mangold’s with The Wolverine. “The work stands or falls based on the director, and Josh is fantastic,” he says. “What he’s going to do is unlike what I think anybody would anticipate.”
Millar finished by saying that, while there is a cut of the film, but hasn’t seen it yet. Still, he “expects big things” from the results.
In response to a recent rumor that the reboot is “a mess,” screenwriter/executive producer Simon Kinberg last week confirmed Trank and key cast members will return for “3-4 days of additional photography,” not the extensive reshoots reported. The first trailer is set to debut Feb. 13 with Kingsman: The Secret Service.